Category: Traditional Sports
Fighting sometimes isn’t just about anger and hatred. There are also times when fighting becomes a beautiful moment, showing art and toughness at the same time. Toughness doesn’t only belong to men only, women also have their own toughness. The sense when the adrenaline is peaked during a fight in the mud of the rice fields becomes a wonderful experience in due time. The term fighting may not be right, let us offer you a Balinese martial art called Mepantigan. In Balinese, mepantigan has the root word pantig, which means slamming. Mepantigan itself means slamming (opponents) down. This is how this tradition held, local Balinese do a good struggle using several techniques to bring down their opponents.
In Batubulan, Ubud Bali where the tradition has started to be implemented, and has been maintained until now. Since it was introduced in the 1930s and popularized by a great taekwondo player named I Putu Winset Widjaya. The tradition without meaning is empty, as well as this Mepantigan tradition. Accompanied by traditional music, baleganjur marks the time when the matches are held in the mud, interpreting the fertility of the land that is bestowed. Therefore, the players pay homage to the statue of Dewi Sri as the goddess of fertility before carrying out the event. The preservation of traditional clothing is also implied from the use of his fighting clothes. Humility and emotional stability are tested, for compassion in prohibition is what is needed in this tradition. Let’s experience trying out the tradition Mepantigan, the cultural experience tour that we offer. #becauseculturesmatter
- Sarong and other sports equipment
- English-speaking guide (other language is subject to surcharge and availability)
- Entrance and parking fees
- Bottled water and wet tissue
- Refreshment and snack
- Food and drinks other than mentioned
- Items of personal nature ( tipping, souvenir)
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusions
- Participate in a mepantigan (Balinese wrestling) match our partners
- Hear informative commentary from a professional guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum of 2 paying adults are required (including for child)
- Languages other than English will be subject to availability
- No refund will be made if guests are not taking certain service(s) included in the package
- Minimum age is 13 years
There will be refund for your cancellation with some terms and conditions below:
- Cancellation a day before the event will get a 30% refund.
- Cancellation seven days before the event will get a 50% refund.
- Cancellation ten days before the event will get a 75% refund.
- Cancellation a month before the event will get a 100% refund.
Cancellations less than one day prior to the event will not be refunded. *Terms and conditions applied
*Terms and conditions applied