Category: Traditional Sports
How does it feel if you fight, until you’re covered in blood? Could it be that you have never thought of it, hopefully something that is not desirable will never happen. However, there is an extreme tradition called Kare-kare in Tenganan Village, Pagringsingan, Karangasem. This tradition uses thorny pandanus leaves as weapons, and woven bamboo as a shield and only uses kamen which is a traditional Balinese dress (open upper body).
Shows the story of a knight’s dexterity. This tradition is played by local youths, who usually bleed because of thorny pandanus scratches. Horrible? Yes, but there are experiences that cannot be explained after all. Only dimensionless memory images can tell of eye catches, emotions, and sensations. Memories that become experiences as stories of a warrior to his successors.
Even though afterwards there was a potent medicine from the village heritage to heal the wound, it was still too much for tourists to try the sensation of blood. However, does it limit exploring experience? Of course not. We offer tours of cultural experiences, especially kare-kare that is okay for the tourists which doesn’t use prickly pandanus. Enjoy the experience, wrapped in cultural nuances, #becauseculturesmatter
- Sarong and other sports equipment
- English-speaking guide (other language is subject to surcharge and availability)
- Entrance and parking fees
- Bottled water and wet tissue
- Refreshment and snack
- Food and drinks other than mentioned
- Items of personal nature ( tipping, souvenir)
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusions
- Participate in a makare-kare match at our partners
- Hear informative commentary from a professional guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum of 2 paying adults are required (including for child)
- Languages other than English will be subject to availability
- No refund will be made if guests are not taking certain service(s) included in the package
- Minimum age is 13 years
There will be refund for your cancellation with some terms and conditions below:
- Cancellation a day before the event will get a 30% refund.
- Cancellation seven days before the event will get a 50% refund.
- Cancellation ten days before the event will get a 75% refund.
- Cancellation a month before the event will get a 100% refund.
Cancellations less than one day prior to the event will not be refunded. *Terms and conditions applied
*Terms and conditions applied